Ministry of Information.
Ministers of culture and information 1954 – 2000
The First Period.
Curriculum Period from 1954 – 1956
Mr. Yahia Elfadli
Place and date of birth: Wad Madani 1912.
- Primary and intermediate school in Wad Madani Town, and graduated from Gordon Memorial College.
- He worked as an accountant in Finance Department.
- He worked at Al mahadi Works for a period of time after he retired from governmental work.
- He joined the political work, and he established “Ashigga Party”, and worked as the Party’s secretary. He was one of the General Graduates Congress’s founders.
- He became Secretary of the General Graduates Congress and he was entitled “Dynamo” for his hard activities in his political work.
- He was the Minister of Social Affairs as from May 1954 to Feb 1956 “First National government”.
- He was a member of Board of Directors of the Industrial Bank 1960.
- He was a member of the Central Council in President Ibrahim Aboud’s government.
- He won the first parliamentary elections 1953 as representative of Khartoum South Constituency.
- He won 1958’s elections.
- He was appointed as Minister of Education during the National Movement 1968.
- He participated in many Sudan’s delegations to: Cairo, Paris and United Nations to discuss Sudan’s independent issue, and he was one of supporters of “Nile Valley Unity” between Sudan and Egypt.
The Second Period
The Third, Fourth and fifth National Governments
Mr/Ziada Osman Arbab.
Date and Place of Birth:1915 – Wad Medani
He studied at Sudanese Schools, and graduated from Faculty of Law, Gordon Memorial College.
- He worked as Advocate at Wad Meddani.
- He contributed in the National Movement for Sudan Independence, and also joined many Sudanese delegations to represent Sudan views over Sudan fully Independent from the condominium in many countries, in Cairo, London, Paris and San Francisco (1946-1951-1952).
- He was appointed as Minister of Social Affairs at the period of the National Government which formed in February 1956, and also Minister of Education at the Coalition Government July 1956. He was Re –appointed as Minister of Education as he was elected by the Supreme Council for the Military Forces to be the Minister of Education and Justice in 18/11/1958 till October Revolution 1964.
- In his position as Minister of Education, he was contributed effectively in the International Project over the Rescue of The Nubian Mountains.
Mr. .Mohammed Ahmed Abu sin
Place and date of birth: “Elbutana“, Eastern Sudan 1912
He graduated from Gordon Memorial College – Science Department.
- He joined Native administration after completing third class of Kitchener Medical School as a deputy of chief of shukria Tribe in Rufaa -east of Gezira Province.
- He was one of the Republican Socialist Party’s founders.
- He won the first parliamentary elections in 1953 as representative of Rufaa Constituency;he gained 12459 votes, and won for the second time 1958’s elections as representative of Rufaa Eastern Constituency.
- He was the Minister of Social Affairs in July 1956 “forth National Government” he considered as a third minister of this ministry since independence.
- He was one of the famous members of “People Democratic Party” and Elkhatmia Sect.
- He retired from government work and political activity following coup Aboud’s Coup in 1958 to work on his farm, and camels breeding, in addition to Shukria Tribe Chieftain.
- He was a good reader, and he had a famous rich personal library.
The Third Period
Period from Nov 1958
Maj. Gen: Mohammed Talat Fareed
Place and date of birth: Omdurman 1/1/1913
Primary and Intermediate Schools at Omdurman, and he Graduated from Gordon Memorial College in 1934 and he joined Military College in 16/6/1935, graduated as second lieutenant in 1/1/1938.
- He promoted in military ranks till he reached a brigadier in 28/6/1956 and Maj. Gen in 1/7/1958.
- After his graduation, he worked in Eastern Command for five years and roving between a various military units till he became a Commander in Chief of Signal Corps in 2/5/1955.
- He participated in Kassala Battle and the campaign against Eritrea in Karan Battle and North of Africa in the Second World War 1945.
- He was sent on training course in the Middle East Achieving excellent standard and was sent again in scholarship in UK for military techniques, and he also achieved Sudan General Staff Certificate.
- He was the Minister of Information and Labor in 17/11/1958 during president Aboud’s Government till he was left his post during October Revolution 1964.
- After he retired, he became a chairman of Sudan Football Association.
- He was a member of Higher Council for Armed forces.
Decorations, medals and orders:
- Sudan General Staff Certificate.
- Medal of long Excellent Service for Officers.
- Achieved medal of Excellent Long Service.
- Africa Star Medal.
- Defense Star Medal.
- Long war Star Medal
- Sudan public services medal.
- He died 1986.
Period from 17 Nov 1958
Maj. Gen: Mohammed Nasr Osman
Place and date of birth: (1915-1980) Suakin – Red sea mountains 1915
He completed his primary and intermediate schools at Port Sudan and he joined Gordon Memorial College in 1932, Graduated in 1953 and he joined Military College in 16/6/1935 graduated as second lieutenant in 1/1/1939.
- After his graduation from the Military College, he worked for Eastern Command till 1/3/1948.
- He was sent to England for nine month’s scholarship, and he worked for a period of time for Infantry School.
- He worked for a second time for Eastern Command in 16/12/1950 till 28/6/1954.
- Worked for Southern Command in 28/6/1954 till 15/3/1956.
- In15/3/1956 he worked for Western Command as Second Chief of Command.
- He worked for Army Headquarters as War Operation Manager till he was chosen as member of Higher Council of Armed forces in 17/11/1958.
- He returned to Army Headquarters as War Operations Manager in 1962.
- He became Minister of Information and Labor in Oct 1964.
- He participated in wiping out the insurgency in southern Sudan 1955.
- He participated in East Africa’s Expedition at Eritrea and Karan Battles.
- He participated in North Africa battles in Al-kufra and Tripoli- Libya in, addition to his participation in Kassala liberation from Italian Occupation.
- He was sent to England in 1949 where he achieved high grade in military techniques, and he promoted to Sudan general staff rank.
Decorations, medals and orders:
- Military Cross Decoration.
- Excellent Long Service Decoration for Officers.
- Africa star Medal.
- Sudan Public Service Medal.
- Good remembrance medal + star medal
- Defense medal.
- War medal.
- He died 1980
Oct 1964’s Period
Mr. Khalaf Allah Babikir
Education: Hegraduated from Gordon Memorial College in 1932.
- He worked for two years in Kitchener Medical School; then he was worked as Health Officer in the Ministry of Health at public Health Department, till he became an Assistant of the Medical Services Manager for world Health Affairs in the ministry.
- He was the Minister of Information and Labor Oct 30, 1964 till 18 Feb1965 in the first National Government following October Revaluation.
- After Retirement from his ministerial position, he returned to the Ministry of Health as an Administrative Manager of WHO Anti-Malaria Campaign in the Sudan.
- He was the Minister of Local Government in 28 May 1969 following the first government formation in May Coup.
- He was one of the National Unionist Party’s members during the National Movement.
- He worked for many local organizations and municipality councils in the Capital Khartoum.
He was a talented Poet, and Author of the second generation.
Mr. / Salih Mahmoud Ismaeil
He was graduated from Gordon Memorial College, Department Of Accountants, 1933.
- He worked as an accountant in the Sudan Railways Department, Attbara Town, and Portsudan Town for a long time. Then he resigned and worked in the private sector.
- He was appointed as Minister Of Information and Labor in both second and third National Government Term (1964, 23/2/1965-7/6/1965) .
- He contributed widely in the National Movement.
- He published many researches economic and commercial magazines.
- He wrote many economic researches and articles in the Sudanese newspapers.
Date and Place of Birth:
- He graduated from Gordon Memorial College, then joined the School of Law and became a Judge at the Civil Courts.
- He worked as a judge before the civil courts, and then promoted in the Judiciary’s posts till he became Director of the Courts Administration at the Judiciary, he resigned in General Aboud’s Government.
- He worked in the Khartoum’s varies courts.
- He won (4095 votes) in the first elections of the Constituent Assembly (35 constituency, Kosti).
- He appointed as Minister of Labor and Information) in the first Coalition Government) in the period (13/6/1965-25/7/1966).
- He was one of the Umma Party’s leaders of the Independence Movement.
Date and Place of birth:
- He graduated from Gordon Memorial College as an accountant. He joined the School of Administration and Graduated in 1941.
- He transferred to Halfa Town after he graduated from Gordon College.
- He worked in Shendi Town as Commissioner Assistant.
- In 1952, he worked as administerative officer at Khartoum Municipality.
- He held many posts in civil service; he worked as a governor for both Kassla and Khartoum Provinces.
- He spent a long period in the government at the Political Division of the British Civil Secretary’s Office, and also worked at the Ministry of Interior as Assistant undersecretary, then worked as undersecretary assistant at the Ministry of Interior.
- He studied at the School of Economic and Political Sciences in the University Of London, and conducted a research about Shuluk Tribe in English language which gained great concern.
- He won the Constituent Assembly Elections (Gedarif Constituency), of Umma Party.
- He appointed as Minister of Information and Labor in 4/5/1966 during the First Coalition Government 13/6/1965-1966.
- During his ministerial term, he drafted the Law of Press in 10 days.
- After retirement, he became a businessman in trade.
Date and Place of Birth: Omdurman, 1937.
- Kamboni College, Khartoum, San Gorge College and Oxford University.
- After his graduation, he joined the Civil Service as an Officer at the Ministry of Finance and Economy (1957-1958).
- Following the emergence of Aboud Government, he resigned and went to run the works of Almahdi, and during his work he became a head of the Cotton Consortium In Sudan at the age of 23, He hated the Aboud’s Military Government. The Conference of Al-jezeera Aba was convened under his leadership in 1963 so as to follow up the Central Council’s elections.
- After October Revolution, he was nominated as the Umma Party’s Chief. He failed to be a candidate in the Constituent Assembly’s elections because he was too young.
- When he was thirteen years old, he won- unopposed- the Constituent Assembly’s elections- Kosti constituency in 1966.
- He overthrew the first government of Almahjoob, and he became a prime minister in 27/7/1966 for only10 month.
- He was the Minister of Information and Social Affairs.
- He lost the authority followig the dissolution of The Constituent Assembly in 1968.
- He was exiled to Egypt after Al jazeera Abaa Events.
- He returned to Sudan after the National Reconciliation (1977).
- He won 1986 Elections of ((75) Constituency Rabak) with (30819votes) .
- He became a prime minister once again in April 1986 till 29/6/1989.
- He is a good reader, political writers and talented Tennis Player.
Place and date of birth:
Omdurman Town, 1935.
- He studied at Kalwa (Quoranic school) of Almahdi’s sons, then he joined the Kalwa of sheikh Babikir Badri then Kamboni schools, and finally at Victoria College, Alexandria, Egypt.
- He studied law at Oxford University U.K, and continued his master degree in law at Victoria College.
- He was a law trainee for a short period at the office of Advocate Ahmed Gumaa.
He held the following ministerial posts:
- Ministry of Irrigation , ministry of Interior , ministry of defense , Ministry of Information and Social Affairs in 3/8/1966 , in Mr. Alsadig Almahdi’s first government [ the second coalition government 27/7/1966 -15/5/1967 ] .
- He celebrated Sudan’s independence at London with his nephew Mr. Alsadg Alseedg Almahdi when they were studies at the British universities.
- He characterize with national orientation.
- He always take care of, and leads the Ansar Sect (Almahdi supporters ) .
Education: He graduated from the “Fouad the First University “, Faculty of Law.
Work experiences: after his return from Egypt,
- He work as an advocate, he worked in field of politics since he was a student in Egypt.
- He was a member of the National Unionist Party, and a prominent figure of the issue of unity with Egypt.
- Following 1st march 1954 event in southern Sudan, he became the secretary Mal Alwafaa [loyalty Funds committee] for police’s victims in such events. He was one of Aboud’s Regime’s opponents; He had been jailed in kober prison several times.
- In the second ministerial formation following October Revolution he held the post of Minister of Public Works in Almahjoub’s government 1967, then he became the minister of culture and information in 1976.
- He won 1965 election for the Constituent Assembly, constituency 206 Khartoum.
In 1968, he won the elections, Rural Central Khartoum.
The May Revolution (1969-1985)
- After he finished the third year of the high Secondary School, he Joined Shell Company in PortSudan. After that moved to work in the Press.
- He worked as Editor and Partner at Al ayam Newspaper Publishing House –Khartoum.
- In 1986 election, he was a candidate in Khartoum South Constituency and Won (1224) votes out of (9658) at the percentage 12.76%.
- In May Revolution ,1969 , and at the first ministerial formation he was appointed as a Minister for National Guidance Ministry , and continued as a minister at the Second Cabinet Reshuffle in 19/6/1969-28/10/1969 .
- Appointed as Sudan ambassador To Uganda.
- At Hashim Alatta Coup, he was escaped from Uganda to London, and Joined the Sudanese Opposition Forces abroad against Nemeri’s Regime.
- After retutninng to Sudan, he was detained for some period in Al obied Prison.
- He wsa an effective member at the Communist Party, and he was Organized at the Central Committee for the Party.
Date and place of birth:
Alkwa , white Nile province , 16 / 6/1924.
- He graduated from Gordon Memorial College, and then from the Military College in 2/8/1944.
- In 1948 he had been dispatched to United Kingdom in a course of commandos.
- He was promoted as brigadierin 27/1/1965.
- He holds the post of general staff until he was pensioned of in 25/5/1969.
- He was appointed as the minister of national guidance in the third reshuffle of May Regime in 28/10/1969.
- He was appointed as the Minister of Culture and Information in the fourth ( 21/7/1970 ) , fifth ( 22/12/1970 ) sixth ( 12/2/1970 ) , seventh ( 3/8/1971 ) , e.g. (14/10/1971 ) , ninth ( 24/7/1973 ) reshuffle , during May Regime .
- He was a member of Sudanese Socialist Union (SSU) Political Bureau.
- He died in 1/2/1977
Date and place of birth:-
15/4/1932 Wad Medani
- Faculty of Arts , Alexandria Bachelor of Arts , library sciences
- He was Librarian Assistant of University of Khartoum’s Library [1964-1969]
- He was appointed as Minister of youth and Social Affairs [1964-1969]
- He was Minister of Culture and Information in the Twelfth Reshuffle of May Regime in 25/10/1975
- Director for the Arabic language institute for Non – Arabic speakers
- Member of the former Sudanese socialist union [SSU] political Bureau
- He was appointed as ambassador of Sudan to Egypt in late 1990
- He had been awarded the first prize for the best research in material status marred with children.
Date and place of birth:-
He was born in 1937 atGogrial Center, south Sudan.
- He studied in missionary schools in the Southern Region.
- He gained a diploma in journalism from Indiana university U.S.A
- He has abachelor degree in economics from University of Saint John , U.S.A
- He was appointed as aclerk at MalkalProvince Headquarters
- He joined the press as reporter in Sudan Daily Newspaper [1965-1969].
- He was an editor of the English Daily Newspaper “Vigilant”
- He was appointed as undersecretary for the Ministry of Culture and Information in 24/7/1972, and he remained in his post up to the 10th Reshuffle in May Regime in 9/1/1972.
- He was appointed as state minister in the 11th reshuffle in May Regime in 10/5/1973, in the specialized Ministerial Councils’ Period [1973-1975] , and remained in his post up to the 12th Reshuffle in 25/10/1975 .
- He had been appointed as minister of Culture and Information in the 13th Reshuffle in10/2/1976, and remained in his post in the both reshuffle (forth and fifth, 9/2/1977 and 29/5/1977 respectively.
Date and place of birth:
25 / 9 / 1932
- Bachelor of Arts in shariaa [Islamic law], Cairo.
- Diploma in radio and T.V
- Masters degrees in education psychology, and information.
- He was the Director-General of Sudan National Radio Corporation (SNRC) for a period of time.
- He was the undersecretary of the Ministry of Culture and Information.
- He was the state Minister at the Thirteen Cabinet Reshuffle for Nimeri Government in 9/8/1976.
- He was appointed as Minister of Culture and Information in the Sixteenth Reshuffle of Nimeri’s Government in 29/7/1978, and he remained in his post up to the Seventeenth Reshuffle of Nimeri Government in 1/2/1979.
- He was appointed once again as Minister of Culture Information the National Salvation Government in 9/7/1989.
- He was the chairman of the High Council of Mass Sports.
- He was the head of the National council youth welfare.
- He was an Advisor of Information and Culture Undersecretary of Abu Dabi Emirate – U.A.E.
– He was one of the well-knownfootball players, and one of the most distinguished football matches’ commentators in the Radio.
– He participates in information l conferences and symposia.
– He was the head of the Sudanese Information Officers, Journalists, and Broadcasters Union, and the Chairman of the High Committee for supervising performance of the Radio and T.V Transmission Stations.
– He was an Advisor for Arab States Broadcastings Organization [ ASBO]
Material status: – Married with five children.
Place and date of birth:
29/3/1942, Alobeid Town.
- bachelor degree in law , Khartoum University
- Master degree in sociology.
- PHD in sociology, Toulouse University France.
work experiences :
- Khartoum University 1975.
- He was State Minister in the 13th reshuffle of Nimeri’s government 3/10/1976.
- He remained in his post in both Reshuffles in 29/2/1977, 29/5/1977 (the period in which Mr. Bona Malwal was Minister of Culture and Information.
- He continued as a State Minister during the period in which Mr. Ali Shummo held the post of minister of Culture and Information [29/7/1978 – 1/2/1979].
- He was designated as Minister of Culture and in the 18th government reshuffle in 17/8/1979.
Medals and decorations:
- He awarded the “Order of the Republic “from the Third Class.
- Medal of “ Balm Branch “
- Medal of “French sciences: with the degree of the leadership from the former French PresidentFrançois Metran, in May 1983. Such medal is considered as the highest one in the cultural field.
- He wrote the following books :
A / “Sudanese woman” which was written in French language.
B / “To whom is the power belong “.
C / “Thoughts from Immigrant “‘notebook ‘which was his first publication
Date and place of birth:
Darfur Town, 1933
- He was graduated from Faculty of Arts, University of Khartoum [ Bachelor of Arts 1985 ]
- Master degree in public administration. Netherland 1964.
- He joined the public service as administrative officer at Kasala Province, (1964-1967).
- He was a teacher at the Public Administration Institute, 1961.
- He had been seconded as an expert in the field of public administration at Alriad Town, Saudi Arabia (1967 – 1969).
- He worked as teaching assistant at king Abdul Aziz University.
- Following the National Reconciliation in 1977 during May Regime, he was appointed as the Head of the Technical Committee for Lifting Peoples’ Grievances.
- He was nominated as the Head of the International Affairs Committee in 3/6/1980 – 9/11/1981 , in this period , the ministry culture and information had been joined to the Ministry of Interior , by which he supervised the tow ministries .
- He was the chairman of the National Islamic Front’s Bureau.
- He was elected as the Constituent Assembly’s member, represented Khartoum constituency in 1986.
Date and Place of birth:
- BSC – university of Khartoum 1961.
- PHD – University of Adunburg 1971.
- He was a secondary schools’ teacher (1961-1965).
- He was a teacher at Women Teachers College, 1965.
- He was a lecturer at University of Khartoum , 1965 – 1966
- He was the Secretary of Ideology and Orientation( The Nemri Regime’s Sudanese Socialist Union Party )
- He was State Minister at the Ministry of Culture Information, when the ministry belongs to the Ministry of Internal Affair ( at the 19th Reshuffle of Nemeri’s Regime 24/11/1981 .
- He was the Minister of Guidance and National Information – 1/12/1982.
- He was Undersecretary of Organizations Committee 2/5/1984.
- He was State Minister at the Ministry of Internal Affairs – 25/11/1985.
Associations and Committees Membership:
- Member of the Association of Arab Social Scholars.
- Member at the National Council for Friendship, Solidarity and Peace.
- Member at the Central Committee for the Sudanese Socialist Union.
- Member at the Third National Peoples Assembly.
- Membership of the Higher National Committee for Peace.
Medals and Orders:
- He was awarded an Honor Medal under the presidential decree in 5/6/1983.
- Essays about the first term of May Revolution, and the presidential system.
- Swimming and boating.
- Married with some sons and daughters.
Date and Place of birth: 1933.
- Arts, Cairo University, Khartoum Branch.
- Public relations Michigan University, USA.
- Radio and TV techniques University of Serakuz, USA.
- Fellowship Of the International Broadcasters , University of Serakuz , USA
- He was a broadcaster at Omdurman Radio.
- He was the Senior Broadcaster at Omduraman Radio.
- He was the Director of Omdurman Radio’s programs.
- He was the studios’ observer.
- He was the Deputy Director of Omdurman Radio.
- He was the Director-General of Information Department at the Ministry of Culture and Information.
- He was the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Culture and Information.
- He was the first broadcaster who red the news in Sudan TV in 23/12/1962.
- He was Minister of the Ministry of Culture and Information during May Regime ( June 1983- May 1984 ), and also in the National Salvation Revolution ( April 1990- May 1991 )
- He separated the Radio financially and administratively from the Ministry headquarters
- He restructured the Radio.
- He has established the following specialized broadcastings :
Foreign and Local Relations: –
- He was one of the founders of Arab States Broadcasting Union (ASBO).
- He contributed in many seminars in Europe, Africa and Arab States.
- He visited some States.
Proposed Projects supposed to be achieved:-
- He proposed to establish information attachés at Cairo, London, besides Nairobi, Kuwait, Oman and Saudi Arabia.
- He wanted also to issue a law to organize the relation between the National Radio& TV and the States’ Radios.
- Married with 5 daughters and 4 sons.
- Died in 1998.
The Six Period
( The Popular , Uprising )
Date and Place of Birth :
23/11/1942 – Omdurman.
- BSC in Political Sciences, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences – Khartoum University. (1963 – April 1968).
- Master Degree in International Relations, England.
- He was teaching assistant at the Political Sciences Department, University of Khartoum 1968.
- Associated political editor in Khartoum News Agency, and supervised the weekly English Newsletter 1969.
- He left for UK in a post- graduate scholarship (1969-1974).
- He was a lecturer at Afro-Asian Studies Department – Khartoum University 1974.
- He was a visiting lecturer at Redding University, U.k 1983.
- He was a visiting lecturer at Birmichty University, USA (1983 – 1984).
- He was a member at the Executive Committee for the Arab Political Sciences Association, elected in Larnika, Cyprus, 1985.
- He was appointed as Minister of Culture and Information in the Transitional Government Period – April 1985 – 1986.
- He returned to Khartoum University, to join the teaching staff.
- He had many books both in Arabic and English.
Status: Married with 3 sons.
Date and Place of Birth:
18/8/1918. Wadi halfa.
- He graduated from Gordon Memorial College 1937.
- He obtained Diploma in Public Administration from Oxford University, England, 1950.
- Following the graduation, he worked as a teacher in wadi Halfa Intermediate School, as well as Al Doiem and Omdurman Towns.
- He worked as a clerk at the British Civil Secretary Office in 1938 -1939, and then he joined the Sudanese Education Department.
- In 1952, after returning from England, he joined the Labor Office as Industrial security officer.
- He promoted in the Labour Department’s jobs till he became the Director of Labour Department till 1960.
- He retired in 1960, and worked at the private sector as Director of the Public Insurance Company, that consider the main company which worked in the field of Insurance.
- In April 1965’s elections, he won the parliamentary Graduates Constituencies.
- He worked as a member of the Public Service Council.
- He remained as Secretary of the Culture House for more than 10 years successively, till May Revolution 1969.
- He contributed in many conferences at the International Labor Organization (ILO) in Geneva.
- He was appointed as Minister of Culture and Information during Al sadig Al-Mahdi’s government in 1986.
Date and Place of Birth:
- BSC in Law , London University 1963-1964
- MA in law, Oxford University, England 9 1970 – 1973).
- He was a District Judge (1953-1955).
- He was an Advocate.
- He was member of the first and the second Constituent Assemblies (1965-1967), and (1986-1987) respectively, of Portsudan’s constituency.
- Justice Minister (1967), and the majority leader in the Constituent Assembly.
- He worked as a lawyer in Kuwait (1972 – 1973).
- He worked as Legal Adviser for the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development (1973 – 1978). (He was the first Sudanese among the technical Cadres of the Fund.
- He is the first Sudanese Legal Adviser for the Arab Corporation for Investment and Agricultural Development (1978 – 1983).
- He was lecturer (par timer) at Faculty of Law, Khartoum University (1984) .
- He was Minister of Culture and Information – 3 June 1987. (The second National Unity Government).
- He was Foreign Minister.
- He as member of the Political Office of the Democratic Union Party November 1967.
- He was member of the National Committee that was formed by the Transitional Military Council to draft the Interim Constitution .(1985)
- Collecting Stamps
- Music and Trips.
Status: Married with Sons.
Date and Place Of Birth:
1936, Gurer Village, Merawi Town, Northern State .
- Bachelor of Political Sciences, University of Howard Washington1965.
- Journalism Diploma, 1970, Nairobi, Kenya.
- He joined the Ministry of Culture and Information, as (Clerk, translator, information officer, director of Training, undersecretary of Ministry of culture and Information 1976.
- He was correspondent for Routers News Agency in Khartoum 1975.
- He was a reporter at the Routers Office in London.
- He was an editor of “Arab affairs section” in London-based Al-Arab Newspaper 1978.
- He was information officer at the Political Opposition Movement abroad, 1978.
- He was appointed as State Minister at the Ministry of Culture and Information 1987-1988.
- He was one of the founders of Merawi Association 1966.
- He was member of the Constituent Assembly (52 constituency-Merawi) 1986.
- He was member of the Political Office of the Democratic Union Party (African Affair Secretary).
- He translated a book entitled (Six War Days) by Winston Churchill).
Status : Married with 2 daughters and five sons .
Place and date of birth:
- Faculty of Arts, university of Khartoum.
- He started his political life in the National Front for independence 1947
- He worked in the post- independencenewspapers 1957.
- He was Assistant Secretary for the Joint High parliamentary Authority1958.
- He was the secretary of the Islamic Conferences at Hajj (pilgrimage) Ministry.
- He was responsible for “General Amnesty and Settlement of Returnees Affairs” within the National Reconciliation 1977.
- He joint all anti-Aboud Regime organization’s which led to October Revolution 1964.
- He was a member of the Constituent Assembly in 1965, and he participated in its all committees.
- He worked in the Umma party secretariat-General, and held the post of information officer for the party in 1969.
- He accompanied Alemam Alhadi to Aba Island [the Ansar Sect stronghold], and then arrested, and later he left for Saudi Arabia.
- He was one of the founders of the National Front, the well – known opposition of Nemeri’s Regime abroad.
- He was a member of the Umma Party Political Bureau, and the party Chairman’s Assistant for the Foreign and Islamic Affairs.
- He was nominated twice as Minister of Culture and Information: May 1988, and 20/1/1991 respectively.
- He was appointed as minister for Education in 11/4/1990.
- He was Sudan ambassador to Italy
Date and place of birth:
1930 Omdurman Town.
- B.S.C of Medicine University of Khartoum, Surgery, University of Cairo.
- Royal Surgeons College Fellowship, U.K.
- Specialization in neuro – surgery, University of Cairo.
- He is a Nero – Surgeon
- He worked in Abu Gebhia, Alobied, Wawo, and Khartoum hospitals.
- He held the post of Minister Health and Social Welfare in the post – popular Uprising Translational Government [1985-1987] .
- He was appointed as Minister of Culture and Information, in the aforementioned Government, 26/3/1989.
- He was designated as Foreign Minister in the National Salvation Revolution Government in 13/3/1993.
- He was a member of the Democratic Unionist Party’s Political Bureau.
- He was the Head of the Doctors Trade Union, up to March 1985.
- He won the April 1986’s elections ,in one of Shendi Town’s constituencies
- He has established a treatment compound at Alshab Teaching Hospital Neuro – surgery section, which named after him his name.
- He established Wadi Alneel Party during the National Salvation Government.
The seventh period 19
Date and place of birth :
5/1/1949, Khartoum North.
- Sudan secondary school certificate
- Bachelor of Sudan Military College 17/12/1970.
- M,A degree of General Staff, and Chief of General Staff Sollege / he attended all military courses .
- A military course at Hashemite Jordanian kingdom
work experiences :
- He was commander of armored forces
- He was staff military officer in the Tanks corps.
- A tutor in Staff and Chief Staff College.
- He was a teacher at Infantry Institute, Karari Military Area,
- A teacher at General staff, and Chief OfGeneral Staff College.
- He was a member of the National salvation Revolution Council in 1/7/1989.
- He was appointed as the Head of the Information Committee in 2/7/1989, and also He was the Spokesman of the National Salvation Revolution Council under the decree No  in 1989.
- He had been appointed as a political supervisor for the Central Region 2/27/1989, and later the Central State.
- He was appointed as the Minister of the Culture and Information in 26/5/1992.
The most important achievements:
- He was chaired and led the “Dialogue Conference on Information Issues”, which drew up the strategy of information’s work, and led to the success of the Media.
Conferences and workshops:
- He participated in conferences in African, and Arab states , together with the Islamic Conference Organization .
- He concluded some agreements with some states such as: Iran, Iraq, Syria…etc.
Medals & orders
He awarded the following medals:
- Perseverance Medal.
- Courage Medal.
- Victory Medal.
- Egypt’s October Meal.
- The National Unity Medal.
- The Excellent Long-service.
Date and place of birth:
Algitaina Town, 1944
- Bachelor of law , University of Khartoum
- He is a lawyer.
- He was appointed as a member in the former Sudanese Socialist Union [ SSU ] , as a representative for Khartoum Province in 18/10/1980
- He was designated in the former National Peoples Assembly in 4,6/1980
- He was appointed as a member of the Broad-Based Steering Committee for the “National Dialogue on Peace Issues” in 6/9/1989
- He was appointed as Education Minister under the Presidential Decree in Jan. 1991.
- He was the Minister of Culture and Information, in 30/10/1993.
- He was designated as Minister of Justice under the Presidential Decree No. (18), in 1996.
- He was appointed as the President of the Republic’s assistant for Political and Legal Affairs.
Date and Place of Birth:
1/1/1952 – Alsabaloga/Alhogna/ River Nile State.
- Shendi High Secondary School.
- BSC in Medicine/University of Khartoum.
- MA in Military Sciences (Sudanese Staff & General Staff College).
- He was the Commander of Wadi-Sayidna Military Hospital 1982.
- He was the Commander of Rofida Military Brigade.
- He was General Staff of the Military Hospital Operations 1982.
- He was the Minister of Presidency’s Affairs 10/7/1989.
- He was the Governor of Darfour State August, 1994.
- He was the Minister of Culture and Information (Presidential Decree in 5/6/1996).
- He was the Minister of Social Planning.
- He was the President’s Advisor for The Security Affairs.
- Medical Battalion Course for Commanders / Egypt.
- Languages: tow languages, Arabic and English (reading and writing skills.).
- Order of Courage ( Grade One August 1988)
- Running and Climbing Mountains.
- Married with Five Children.
Date and Place of Birth:
- Sudanese certificate / Khartoum High Secondary School 1970.
- BSC in Medicine / University Of Khartoum 1978.
- PHD in Medicine /University of Sirry /Gilford /England 1985.
- He was teaching Assistant /College of Medicine /University of Khartoum 1978-1980.
- He was a lecturer at College of Medicine /Khartoum University, 1985-1991.
Posts and Political Activities:
- He was the deputy –Chairman of Khartoum University Students Union 1972.
- He was member of Khartoum University Students Union Council 1973.
- He was the Chairman of The Islamic Students Association Union 1982.
- He was the Chairman of The Council Union of Sudanese Students in The United Kingdom and Ireland 1983.
- He was an activist at Trade Unions 1985-1988.
- He was member of the National Dialogue Conferences (A Political Medium Organs) 1989 1991.
- He was State Minister for the Political Affairs at the Republic Presidency.
- He was the Chairman of the External Information Council 1992.
- He was the Head of the Sudan Government Delegation for Peace Negotiations in South Sudan 1993-1994.
- He was State Minister at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Feb 1995-Jan1996.
- He was elected as Secretary- General for the National Congress Party.
- He was appointed as Minister of Culture and Information March 1998.
The Political Conferences:
- He participated in all Religions’ Dialogue Conferences held in Sudan 1989-1995.
- He took part in all African Union Summit Conferences 1990-1995.
- He was the Head of Sudan Delegation to an Extraordinary Meeting for the Foreign Affairs Ministers of the Organization Of Islamic Conference, Istanbul/Turkey -June 1992.
- Participated in the World Council of Churches symposium on Dialogue of Religions Nov1992.
- He took part in the World Council of Churches symposium on Dialogue of Religions Nov 1994.
- He participated in the Seminar on Culture of Peace Sponsored by UNESCO, Barcelona, Spain Sept 1995.
- He was the Head of Sudan Delegation of the Meeting for the Foreign Affairs’ Ministers, of the Organization Of Islamic Conference, Conakry, Guinea Dec1995.
He was in charge of Darfur File.
- He was awarded the Political Achievement Medal /Oct 1989.
- He was awarded the Republican Medal, March 1989.
Mr/Mahdi Ibrahim Mohammed
Date and Place of Birth:
1946, Karkoug, Sudan.
- Faculty of Arts, Khartoum University 1969.
- MA in Mass Media (USA) 1980.
- Sudan TV 1969-1970.
- He was the Editor-in Chief at Alrayah Dialy Newspaper 1986-1989.
- He was member of The National Assembly (The Parliament 1990-1992.
- He was the Sudan Ambassador to United Nations (Geneva) 1992.
- He was the Director of the Political Administration at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs 1993.
- He was the President’s Advisor for the Political affairs (the Rank of State Minister) 1995.
- He was the Sudan Ambassador to Washington 2000-2001.
- He was the Secretary – General of the External Relations at the National Congress Party 2000.
- He was member of the National Assembly 2000-2001
- He was the President’s Advisor for the Political Affairs 2001.
- He was the Minister of Information and Communication 2001-2002.
Mr. Alzahawi Ibrahim Malik
Date and Place of Birth:
- Farmer and owner of mechanized- farms at Alrank Town.
- The Primary and Intermediate schools, at Rufaa Town.
- The secondary – Khartoum School.
- University of Khartoum, Faculty of Social and Economic Studies.
- MSC in Political Science 2nd degree –Khartoum University 1973.
- Diploma in Public Administration –University of Khartoum 1983.
- MSC in Public Administration – College of Postgraduate Studies – University of Khartoum1985.
- He started PHD in Public Administration- College of Postgraduate Studies – University of Khartoum with entitled (The Tribalism and its Impact on Politics and Administration) .but for specific reasons it wasn’t finished.
Scientific Researches and Conferences:
- “Scientific Vision To Combat Racism” prepared for presentation in ( a conference on exposing Racism ) held by the Indian Congress Youth Party at New Delhi, January 1986 .
- Work paper on (The Horizon of National Reconciliation in Sudan) presented to a workshop sponsored by Friedrich Ebert Foundation, in Collaboration with Department of Political Sciences –University of Khartoum 2001.
- Contribution in many seminars On ( Peace Building Program In Sudan ) Under the Supervision of the African Resurrection Institute, and the International Relations Institute (IRI) in Britain for 3 series respectively January, May , July 2002.
The activities during schooling :
- He was active in student activities since the secondary School, and a member of the secret and non –secret Unions.
- He was one of the founders of Umma Party Students’ Movement at Universities, and Higher Institutes, and Head of the Umma Party Student Movement in Khartoum University for tow terms 1968-1969, 1969-1970.
- He was a member in the 40- member council of Khartoum Student Union for three rounds respectively.
- He was the Secretary-General of Khartoum Student Union 1969-1970 .
The Umma Party’s Posts :
- He was the Secretary of Youth and Students at Umma Party 1985-1988.
- He was member of Umma Party General Secretary, member and rapporteur of its Political Office (1985-1989) .
- He was a member of Umma Party Political Office, member of the Leadership Office, and Raporteur of the Executive Office, and Deputy –Chairman of the Political Sector, and the Information Officer 1999-2002.
- He was the Deputy – Chairman of Federal Leadership Council of Umma Party Political Affairs, and the Executive Work Coordinator July 2002.
The Constitutional Posts:
- He was the State Minister at the Ministry Of Energy and Mining 1988-1989.
- He was the Deputy-Commissioner of the national Capital 1989.
- He was the Chairman of The Board of Directors of the Electricity National Corporation 1988-1989.
- He was the Chairman of The Board of Directors of Water National Corporation 1988-1989.
- He was the Minister of Information and Telecommunication 2002- 6/2004.
- He was the Minister of Information and Telecommunication at the National Unity Government 2005.
- He was the Chairman of the Umma Party forReformandDevelopment.
Dr.Kamal Mohamed Obeid
Date and place of birth:
Om Darag village – Karima Town area, the Northern State – 1953
– BSC of economy Cairo University – Khartoum Branch, 1978.
– High diploma of Islamic economy – Omdurman Islamic University 1979.
– PHD in Da’awa [ call to embrace Islam ] Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences University – 2000
– 1974 – 1979 – teacher at public education schools .
– 1979 – 1982 – officer at Labor Force Department – Ministry of labor
– 1982 – 1988 – he worked at Da’awa (to embrace Islam) Division at the African Islamic Center.
– He was the head of Da’awa Division at African Islamic Center in 1991 – 1998.
– 1998 – 2000 , he was the Director of Da’awa and Society Development Center at the International Africa University
– He was the Dean of African Islamic Center
– He was the Dean of Education College at International Africa University
– He was the founder and editor- in -chief of Da’awa studies magazine
– He was the External Relations Secretary of National Congress Party (N.C.P) 2001 – 2007.
– He was State Minister of Information and Telecommunication Ministry 2007
– The secretary of N.C.P Information Secretariat
– He was Minister of Information, June 2010
His written books
He wrote the following books:
– [ A message to Muslim Youth in Africa ] – Da’awa Division of the African Islamic Center 1987.
– (Evaluation of the National salvation Government performance and gains during ten years) – Council of Ministers 1999.
– (Sudanese – Chadian relations and its impact in dissemination of Arab and Islamic culture) the African Studies Center- International Africa University.
– ( Globalization impact on Youth) – N.C.P Youth secretariat Khartoum 2003.
– ( Cultural investment in Africa , invitation to Arab capitals to invest in Africa )– Intellectual works Institution – Khartoum 2004
– ( Darfur , the Absent Reality )Sudan Media Center (SMC) Khartoum- first edition 200 , second edition 2006
– ( The different views in jurisprudence in Islam , agreements and restrictions of disagreement ) Intellectual works Institution – Khartoum 2006
– (President Bush Crusades – who suppose to die,?) Khartoum 2006
– Politics between capitals and catastrophes).